Thursday, May 29, 2014

Maybelline Color Elixir - Captivating Carnation & Hibiscus Haven


Good morning friends! I know I'm quite late to the party, but a lip product I've been absolutely loving lately has been the Maybelline Color Elixirs. I own the product in two shades, Captivating Carnation (left), and Hibiscus Haven (right).


The texture of these is heavenly. Not too thick or thin, it smoothes on beautifully on the lips, and last for about 4 hours. While the texture is thin and non-sticky, it does sort of leave a film on the lips. I don't mind this as I'm pretty sure it's what makes this product longer lasting than the average lip gloss. The product does have a smell and taste which I don't love. It's not terrible, but I could do without. 

One thing that stands out to me with these product is that I don't find them drying on my lips. In fact, if anything, they feel moisturizing to me. With drugstore products, I almost always find products drying on my lips, so I'm very happy (and surprised!) that these are so comfortable to wear. 

Captivating Carnation and Hibiscus Haven

I'm in LOVE with Captivating Carnation as a shade. It is the most beautiful natural rose shade and goes perfectly with any eye makeup. I've used this one a ton. Hibiscus Haven is a lot brighter and I find it hard to wear it with very little makeup on the rest of my face. I love the bright shade but it feels a bit out of place on my minimal everyday makeup face. Also, Hibiscus Haven, compared to Captivating Carnation, is a lot patchier on application. It takes a few swipes to get it right but I have not had this issue with Captivating Carnation.

Overall, for a drugstore product, I'm really happy. Other than the scent, it hits all the right marks: color payoff, excellent wear time, and good moisturizing properties. I'm a fan! I can't wait for a good sale on these to pick up more shades!


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful shades! I want to try out Captivating Carnation! So fresh

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE those colours! They look incredible esp the pink one! AMAZZING!
    kisses
    xoBeckerman Girls

    www.BeckermanBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohh I love the pink lip gloss, the color is so vibrant for the summer!

    ReplyDelete