Thursday, March 6, 2014

Rainbow Honey Cosmetics - A Nail Polish Review


Hello friends!

Today I have a review of indie nail polish maker called Rainbow Honey.  When it comes to glitter, it can be difficult to find a unique shade at the drugstore - I know I rarely find anything other than the standard silver, gold, and party glitter. This is where indie nail polish companies like Rainbow Honey excel. I was sent five shade for review:


From left to right: The Kraken, XOXO, Papillon, Magic Cake and Sweet Talk

In the same order as above: The Kraken, XOXO, Papillon, Magic Cake, Sweet Talk

I have to say, I'm in love with all these glitters, especially with Magic Cake and Sweet Talk. The Kraken and Sweet Talk are opaque after 2-3 coats, and the rest of the glitters are meant to be worn sheer, or layered over a base color. I absolutely love the matte neon geometric shapes of Magic Cake and can't remember the last time I saw such a cool glitter polish.

Magic Cake over Essie's Bottle Service. I really should have used another base color because you can't see the pink glitter very well.

After having worn Magic Cake, I have a few tips on how to apply these glitters. First off, try not to layer it on too thick - it causes the finish to be a bit bumpy. I suggest to first lay a thin coat, then try to add glitter pieces gently with the wand. This technique helped me get the colors of the glitter polish evenly distributed on my nail.

If you're looking to add unique and beautiful glitters to your polish collection, I highly suggest Rainbow Honey. The formula is also 3 Free (Formaldehyde, Toluene, Dibutyl Phthalate) and not tested on animals. There is a massive selection as well, so if what I've reviewed doesn't really match your taste, there's bound to be something else that floats your boat on the NailPolishCanada website. If you didn't know this already, the website has a "More pictures from the web" feature where you can see swatches of the polish you're looking at - it makes picking a polish a lot easier! I'm especially smitten with Koi Pond and Meteor for glitters, but opaque shades such as Fire Spring and Tiny Ruby are also gorgeous. And at $11.50, it's a small price to pay for a truly unique polish!

Rainbow Honey Cosmetics are available on their website, or on Nail Polish Canada.

* I have received these products for consideration, but my opinions are always my own. I am not being compensated for this review and I always strive to review products with honesty.

1 comment: