Monday, December 9, 2013

The Importance of the Pampering and Olay's Silk Whimsy Body Lotion


We all know the holidays can be hectic. Between work, holiday parties, Christmas shopping, baking, traveling and whatever else needs to be done before the holidays, it can be hard to make room for a bit of down time. For me, it's important to be able to catch a bit of R&R in order to stay sane. One of my favorite ways to do so is to spend a couple hours pampering myself. This past weekend, I took a delicious Lush bath, had a face mask, and made a point to moisturize my dry skin.

I'm not much of a body moisturizer, partially because of lack of time, but also because of pure laziness. I had also convinced myself for a long time that I didn't really need it - this winter is proving me I'm wrong. My skin has been really dry and itchy and moisturizing is a now a must.

I've been really loving the new Olay Silk Whimsy Body Lotion with Rose Extract and Almond Oil. The scent of this is divine - it's fresh yet calming. It reminds me a lot of the scent of a shampoo, although I can't put my finger on which one. I love how soothing it is.


The consistency of the lotion is quite thin, and spreads quickly. It sinks into my skin in no time. While I'm mostly one to only moisturize my legs, I've used this lotion all over my body since it's so weightless and my skin has been loving it. It is marketed as a daily moisturizer and I totally see why since it's so easy to apply and light on the skin.

This holiday season, take time for yourself. You're not helping anyone around you by being stressed a stress ball! So take a bath, paint your nails, read a book - whatever it is that makes you unwind, and take the time to do it. Trust me, you'll feel must better after a bit of down time.

*Disclosure: I am a #BeautyUnited blogger. As part of my affiliation with this group I receive products and special access to P&G events. The opinions on this blog are my own.

1 comment:

  1. love olay this sounds great :)

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.se/

    ReplyDelete