Thursday, October 24, 2013

Vichy Idéalia Life Serum - Bringing My Skin Back to Life


When I first gave the Vichy Idéalia a whirl, I was skeptical. I had noticed that the product had some red-toned shimmer in it, and I was willing to bet that it would made my pores look massive. And sure enough, I was wrong. It made my admittedly big pores look quite a lot smaller!

I was running a fever the day I decided to give this serum a go and was in no mood to wear any makeup. I had to run a couple errands but didn't feel like giving the "I'm contagious" vibe with the way my face was looking. I generously applied the Vichy Idéalia Life Serum to my mug, and magic happened. My dry patches were smoothed, my completion was more uniform, and I was glowing. The serum absorbed quite fast into my skin, and didn't leave my skin looking oily. I instagrammed a picture of it here, in case you're curious. I'm not the most confident person when it comes to my skin as I have a few acne scars, and large pores on my nose, but that day, I felt confident going out without any foundation on. To be fair though, I didn't have any massive pimples, and that usually makes me feel a little more confident. But my skin was seriously glowing.


The product stayed on my skin all day - I deduced this because I could still see some shimmer on my skin before I washed it at night. What I liked most about this product is that it didn't make my skin oily at all - most likely because this product absorbed fully into the skin. And it didn't leave a film on my skin like silicone based products tend to do.

I guess I chose a good time to test this product - the Vichy Idéalia Life Serum is meant to improve skin that has been affected by stress, fatigue, overexposure to sun, pollution, and an unbalanced diet. That's a lot! My skin has recently been affected by stress and fatigue especially, and I have to say that it really helped improve how healthy my skin looked.

I think this product would especially suit women who don't regularly wear foundation. In my opinion, if you're blessed with good skin, don't wear foundation - stick to tinted moisturizers, BB Creams and serums and let your natural beauty shine through! So if you're comfortable with extremely light coverage, you might find this product particularly suited to your needs. However, if you wear foundation daily (like me) but you're just looking for a good product on those "days-off makeup", this might be perfect for you as well! Just don't be put off by the shimmer when you test it on your hands - that's what truly makes your skin glow.



* I have received this product for consideration but my opinions are always my own. I am not being compensated for this review and I always strive to review products with honesty.

2 comments:

  1. Lovley post !!

    following you now , hope u can follow back
    xx

    reasnotebook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an interesting product. Do you think it would work well under foundation? From what you said, it seems this could pass for an illuminating primer.

    -Marianna
    www.impressionblend.com

    ReplyDelete