Wednesday, May 8, 2013

My Very Late April Favorites!

Like the title says, sorry about the lateness of these favorites. I swear, time is flying by so quickly lately! I tell myself it must be because the weather is starting to get nice. Yay!


I thoroughly enjoyed wearing Butter London's Pillar Box Red in April. It's the perfect summer red - vibrant and bold. Plus, the formula of this was great - almost opaque in one coat and glossy as heck. Love.

I don't know if it's the change of weather, but my skin just ain't liking me right now. I've been using the La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo and the Effaclar A.I. on and off during the month of April - using either for too long dries my skin out. They have really been effective in taming my flare ups this past month, especially the Effaclar A.I. for spot treatment.

I'm pretty much only used my Clinique Stay-Matte Foundation all month. No specific reason for it other than it's easy to blend, and doesn't require powder (which is one step less in my morning makeup routine). If you like matte foundations, I'd definitely recommend this one. It doesn't stick to dry patches like other ones I've tried and it stays on quite well! I'm putting this one away for the warmer weather and reuniting with my trusty Estee Lauder BB Cream!

I've already raved about my Hydraluron serum before in my March favorites, but I'm honestly still in love with it. This serum is exactly what my skin needs when it feels a bit blah. I tend to wear it in the morning lately and it really helps my skin stay radiant all day. If you haven't tried this product before, I highly recommend it!

Because this past month hasn't been the most sleep filled, my MAC NC15/NW20 Chromographic Pencil has really helped me look a bit more awake. Sometimes I use it alone with mascara, if I'm really desperate, sometimes with a bit of shadow (most often MAC's Satin Taupe). Hopefully it won't NEED to be used as much this month, and I'll actually get some rest!

The Clarins Lip Perfector* has been used constantly this month. As I stated in my recent review of it, it's my perfect my lips but better shade. This statement explains why I have used it so much. Enough said, MLBB for the win!

My Make Up For Ever Smokey Lash Mascara* was used to its very end and retired in April. It has served me well - I love this mascara. It's the perfect amount of intensity (and lets you build it up too) and lash separation. I'm going to have to get myself another tube soon!

Thanks for reading and happy May!

* I have received these product for consideration but my opinions are always my own. I am not being compensated for this review and I always strive to review products with honesty.


10 comments:

  1. Hi Annick, I really loved MAKE UP FOR EVER Smoky Lash mascara too. Great formula :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually like the smokey lash mascara as well, I tend to forget that I have it for some reason, haha. The formula works nice with my lashes. I like the clarins lip perfector as well, so underrated! / Claire xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whenever the seasons change, my skin rebels for a few weeks and does whatever it wants, no matter what products I use - I feel your pain. And I'm excited abut your recommendation of Smokey Lash Mascara, I've been looking for a new mascara for a while because the Lancome formulas don't seem to work as well as they used to, but hadn't found one yet. I'll have to stop by Make-Up Forever!
    xox,
    Cee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for this post! I have been on the hunt for the perfect summer red polish.

    xx
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never seem to use my Chromographic pencil but I'll have to remember to do so as I've been totally beat lately! Also, I NEED to try that Hydraluron serum desperately, it sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great picks!! Yes, time sure flies by but at least you got your picks up! =)
    I love that Butter London color. I am actually wearing it now (haha!). Such a great polish...and it lasts long too!
    xo,
    nancy

    http://adoretoadorn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely love product reviews. The Hydraluron sounds amazing, I'll have to try it sometime. xE

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is one great polish color!

    XX,
    Miranda

    ReplyDelete