Thursday, March 28, 2013

5 Great Blue Nail Polishes for Spring!

In preparation for spring, I thought I'd let you all know what my favorite nail blue polishes of the season are!

Now, I'm not the kind of gal who runs out and buys every blue nail polishes out there. Truth is, I'm very picky about blues, and these 5 polishes are truly colors I love to wear!

I find all of these quite flattering on my skin tone, and easy to wear. I especially love the two Essie polishes. I must say, Essie really knows how to mix their blue polishes - they are always beautiful!



On the nail wheel, from left to right: Joe Fresh Cobalt, Essie Smooth Sailing, OPI Light My Sapphire, Essie Bikini So Teeny, China Glaze For Audrey

Sure, perhaps Light My Sapphire (swatched here) isn't exactly a color that screams spring, but I had to mix it up! Plus, it just shimmers so beautifully in the sun. I love Joe Fresh's Cobalt vibrancy - especially the fact that it's not too bright. Some bright blue nail polishes just don't float my boat. Essie Smooth Sailing is one of my favorite polishes ever. It's incredibly wearable, and just works. I thought for sure I had featured it on the blog before, but I guess I haven't! You'll just have to take my word for it! Bikini So Teeny (swatched/snowflaked up here) is gorgeous. It's the kind of polish I can see myself wearing over and over again, especially during the summer. And For Audrey is one of those classics every polish fan just needs to own. Trust me. I'd link you to my old post of this polish, but my photography skills sucked so much then, I advise you to simple google the swatch if you're interested.

Hope this gave you ideas on the best blue polishes out there! What's your favorite?

16 comments:

  1. Essie Smooth Sailing is gorgeous! I already love my Essie varnishes and I think you have convinced me to get another haha

    www.themakeupdirectory.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love blues, but I'm picky, too. My favorites are probably Dior St. Tropez, Tuxedo, and Electric Blue ;) They're just so no-fuss and easy to wear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, Dior St. Tropez is the most beautiful color. I'm seriously regretting not picking this up when I had the chance. I'm totally loving Dior polishes lately too. Need more!

      Delete
  3. love these blues! I especially love the Bikini So Teeny, which I have meant to pick up for ages. I also love Essie Butler Please, its so vibrant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been wanting to try Butler Please! Such a nice shade!

      Delete
  4. I've gone through 2 bottle of For Audrey, it's the perfect colour and formula! I really love the look of Essie's Bikini So Teeny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bikini So Teeny is seriously gorgeous. You won't be disappointed with it, seriously.

      Delete
  5. great pics!
    I was actually working on a similar post!
    Very spring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer! I'll make sure to check out yours!

      Delete
  6. These blues look lovely! I have Dior Saint Tropez on my nails now... one of my favourite blues

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous colours! I don't actually have any blues in my collection, but I've been lusting after lighter shades like Bikini So Teeny and For Audrey lately. Will definitely have to pick up something similar this year - they're such pretty colours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are! And they're very wearable even if they're blue :)

      Delete
  8. Love that Joe Fresh shade! I have Bikini So Teeny and For Audrey too and have to say they're definitely in my top fave lists. BST is the best blue ever!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad everyone is sharing the BST love with me! It's definitely a fabulous shade! :)

      Delete