Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Murad Pomegranate Exfoliating Mask - a review

It's not often I pay too much attention to samples added to purchases. Sometimes it's great to try a different product - I like getting primers especially. But skincare is another thing. I never know if my skin will react poorly to products - it's pretty sensitive and doesn't jive with heavy products at all. When I received Murad's Pomegranate Exfoliating Mask as a sample however, I was intrigued. My skin loves exfoliation so I thought I'd make an exception and try something different on my skin! 


First off, I thought this product would have exfoliating beads - it did not. It actually exfoliates your skin by dissolving dead skin cells with AHAs and natural fruit enzymes. And it does it smelling delicious! It's consistency is pretty much like a clear gel that sits on your skin. It makes you look like you have a greasy face, but I think that's better than having some green/brown stuff on it. What I love most about it is that my skin feels plump, soft and glowing after using it. It feels better than when I just exfoliate with my Clarisonic. Plus, the mask doesn't dry me out like most clay based masks do.

The only tiny downside is that the mask comes in little individual packets. Each packet gives me 3-4 uses, but after my first use I have to put the remainder of it in a little pot.

To me though, that's a small disadvantage for such a good product. This is definitely one that I will be repurchasing in the future.

6 comments:

  1. I love exfoliating, but I can't stand the little beads - this the first exfoliator I've heard of without them and I can't wait to try it! Thanks for the review :)
    xox,
    Cee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'd like it then! Smoothes the skin so well! :)

      Delete
  2. Oooh pomegranate!! :D I LOVE using products that contain ingredients chock-full of antioxidants like this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! Antioxidants make me feel like I'm doing my skin a favor too!

      Delete
  3. Yummy. I like the idea of anything with pomegranate, good to know these are easy on the skin too <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It smells delicious! And yes, they are definitely gentle on the skin. Not harsh at all.

      Delete