Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Make Up For Ever All Eyes on You set - Review & Swatches!

Every holiday season, Make Up For Ever releases limited edition gift sets. Every year I'm kind of in awe of how well composed they are - face sets include primer foundation and powder (where you can pick your own foundation shade!) and eyeliner sets include kohl, liquid and soft pencils. One of their Aqua Eyes pencil sets have longer brown and black pencils, comparatively to the rest of the shades, because they will most likely be used more. That's smart.

All Eyes on You* gives you a little bit of everything to complete a holiday look - you receive a Smoky Lash Mascara, two Aqua Eyes pencils (one matte black and one steel grey), an Aqua cream in #16, as well as an HD High Definition Microfinish Powder.

The back of the set gives you instructions on how to achieve a soft shimmer look, as well as a dramatic glamour look. My inclination on how to use this kit is to create a soft smokey pink look - so a bit of the soft shimmer look as well as the dramatic glamour look, by smudging the black pencil at the lashline and smoking out the grey pencil in the crease. I also love Make Up For Ever's suggestion to apply the Aqua Cream to your brow and cheek bone.

I love the sleek black packaging of Make Up For Ever. Sure it's plastic, but it's classy! I have a feeling Make Up For Ever keeps their prices relatively low by compromising on packaging. I'm okay with that since their products are usually of the top quality.


Swatches from left to right: HD High Definition Powder, Smoky Lash Mascara, Aqua Cream in #16, Aqua Eyes pencil in #21L Dark Grey, and #0L Mat Black

I was already a massive fan of the Make Up For Ever Smoky Lash mascara, having tried it about a year ago. It's honestly one of my favorite mascaras - it add volume but keeps my lashes separate and not clumpy. I'd repurchase this in a heartbeat! I've already also tried the Aqua Cream and #16 is just as good as my #02 (reviewed here). Only a few words of caution with the Aqua Cream: work fast. They set quickly and they do not budge!

The two products that are new to me, are the HD Powder and the pencils. The powder is extremely finely milled, and transparent on the skin (my swatch is white because I meant for it to show). I think I'll be using this mostly to set under eye concealer or for special occasions. The only downside it that it is so finely milled that it goes everywhere when you open the little pot!

My favorite product of the kit is definitely the Aqua Eyes pencils. The black liner has been my go-to for a couple weeks now. They do not move, transfer, and they wear really well on the water line. The black is very black, but still buildable for more intensity. To my relief, the pencils aren't too soft (something I don't like in liners) and glide easily on application. I absolutely recommend these, and hope to purchase a few more colors for my collection. I know my mother was looking for a Forest Green eye liner and I think these would be right up her alley!

Hope this review was helpful for you! I think this would make an excellent Christmas gift, especially since there are no duds in this kit! The kit is C$65 at your local Sephora.

* I have received these products for consideration but my opinions are always my own. I am not being compensated for this review and I always strive to review products with honesty.


4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It's such a good mix of products! Glad you liked it! :)

      Thanks for the comment Jennifer! :)

      Delete
  2. Thus really does look like an amazing kit! I love makeup forever. All of their products are such great quality and I think about half of my bag us full of their stuff. Thanks for the amazing review!

    Alison
    Www.stylingmylife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree - they are totally under-rated and don't get enough credit. Glad to hear you like them too!

      Thanks for the comment Alison! :)

      Delete