Wednesday, September 12, 2012

I've been tagged! Liebster Award



I've been tagged by the lovely Emily from Emily Ann Beauty and Claire from Aucuparia Brumalis. Make sure you subscribe to Claire as she has just changed host to Wordpress! Thanks you two! Here are my answers to your questions. :)

The rules
1) Post 11 facts about yourself
2) Answer the questions the tagger has set for you and create 11 questions for people you’ve nominated
3) Choose 11 people to give this award to (with fewer than 200 followers) and link them in your post
4) Go to their page and tell them
5) Remember, no tag backs

11 facts about me

1) I absolutely love coffee, but I don't love coffee flavored things
2) I'm French, as in I grew up speaking French in Canada
3) I absolutely love film, and usually watch a movie a week, if not more
4) That being said, I've been known to do some acting in local movies
5) I have a English major and a theatre minor
6) I'm a decent enough cook
7) I love animals of all shapes and sizes
8) I'm quite forgetful but not absent-minded
9) I hate bananas but love banana bread
10) I love peace and quiet, but I don't mind a party once in a while
11) I despise egos


Questions from Claire!
1) Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging a year and a half ago because I needed a "project" in my life. I loved nail polish at the time and kept checking on blog swatches in order to make my nail polish decisions. Then I thought, why can't I do it? So I did! And I kind of kept with it I suppose!

2) What is your favorite lipstick colour?
That's a tough one. If we go with the one I've worn most, and the one I've had longest, I'd say Estee Lauder Crystal Rose. I've worn this baby so much. It's an easy shade to wear and it goes with ANY eye makeup. So yeah, it's probably my favorite - I'm sure others will take the top spot though!

3) Do you follow trends? Why, why not?
In makeup? Kind of. If it's fall, I'll definitely start wearing more rich colors... but at the same time, I won't follow trend religiously. I pretty much do what I want with makeup. In clothing, I think I do more. If an item is in style, and affordable, I'll sometimes go for it. But I'm quite fluid in my style, I'll love something new from Asos as much as a vintage dress I found at a second hand clothing store. I usually just do it my way.

4) When did you start wearing makeup?
I'd say when I was about 12 or 13, I started wearing Bonne Bell cosmetics, including lip balms and white/silver eyeliners. Oh and when I was about 12, I wore a bright green eyeshadow my mom had to a school dance. It was up to my eyebrow and NOT pretty.

5) What does makeup/fashion mean to you?
 For me, makeup means self-confidence and expression. I love the fact that you can wear a bright lip, and feel like a totally different person. Self-expression is very important to me and I feel like makeup is one of the way I get to achieve this. I think fashion also works the same way. For me, it's definitely a way to express myself. I tend not to care too much about what people think of what I wear, so it's definitely an outlet for me.

6) Who/what is inspiring you (makeup, fashion, life)? Why?
Umm, that's hard to say. I just kind of gather inspiration - it's not really coming from one person in particular really. I read a lot of blogs though, so I gather a lot of inspiration from that. 

7) Who is your favorite fashion designer and why?
Argh, I've been so out of the fashion world lately, but I've always loved Marc Jacobs and Chloe. Oh and Theory. I'm into classics.

8) What is your passion (writing, singing, painting, etc.)?
Acting. Hands down, my favorite thing to be doing. If I could make a living off this, I would.

9) Is there a beauty product everyone seems to dislike but you love it?
I don't know! I don't think so. The blogosphere is my go to for product recommendations, so usually, someone else likes it! 

10) What is your go to hair product? Why?
Moroccan Oil! And my Ginger Clarifying Shampoo from The Body Shop. Damn my hair feels clean after using that!

11) What is your favorite place to shop and why?
Gap, J Crew (although I rarely buy there, I love to browse), Asos,  Sephora. I love to shop at those places because they always have stuff I like! I'm bound to find something there!


Emily's Questions 

1) What blog post of yours are you most proud of?
Probably my Wet & Wild Comfort Palette post since it took FOREVER to swatch and write. I also like my Lancome Rouge in Love posts (1, 2 and 3) since I felt good writing about a product that was truly excellent.

2) Twitter or Facebook? 
I don't use Twitter too often, or Facebook for that matter, but I guess I'll go with Facebook since it keeps me in touch with my friends who have moved away.

3) How did you think up your blog name? 
I was in a tough spot when I started my blog and wanted something frivolous where I could talk about the small joys of life. At that time, my small joys were nail polish and makeup. And therefore, the blog became, thesmalllittlethingsinlife, since thesmallthingsinlife was already taken. In retrospect, it would've been good to have something about makeup in the title, but I wasn't sure what the blog would become either. Oh well. I like it anyway! :) 

4) What's your dream job? 
I'd love to do acting for film. If I could just hang out with Terrence Malick, and shoot a few movies, I could seriously die happy. 
 
5) What's your favorite food? 
I love a good burger. So probably a cheeseburger. YUM! Or Pad Thai! 

6) What is one beauty item you couldn't go a day without using? 
Probably mascara or lip balm. However, last Sunday I went on about my day without both. So it really depends on how lazy I am. 

7) What's your favorite magazine? 
I used to luuuurve InStyle and Lucky magazine but since I've been following a bazillion blogs, my craving for magazines has died down. 

8) Recommend me a good winter lipstick? (all I have is summer colours atm!) 
I'd say go for a good moisturizing lipstick of an autumn shade such as the YSL Vernis à Levres (shades 1 and 4). The Lancome Rouge in Love have a great color selection, especially for fall, and are very moisturizing! For a cheaper option, Revlon's new Kissable Balm Stains have excellent mauve/cherry colors for fall as well! 

9) On average, how long do you spend blogging a week? 
Including photographing, researching, editing and writing, I'd say 5 hours a week? I don't edit my photos much, if at all sometimes. Some weeks take a lot more of my time though, especially if I'm doing a makeup look, or lip swatches. It all depends! 

10) What other hobbies, aside from blogging, do you have?  
I take boxing classes! I like to paint, read The New Yorker online, cook and to watch movies. 

11) Do you have a saying or phrase that you try to live your life by?
One day at a time!

My Questions for you!

1) If you could chose only 1 eyeshadow to complete a look, which one would it be?
2) What was your first lip balm?
3) You have 7 minutes to get ready - what do you reach for?
4) What is your favorite foundation?
5) What's the one blush you own that goes with everything?
6) What nail polish will be your go-to for fall?
7) What is your favorite movie?
8) Have you ever had an overnight hospital stay? If so, why?
9) Do you have pets?
10) You have $100 at Sephora. What do you immediately put in your cart?
11) What is your favorite palette?


3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for nominating me! It means the world to me that you are a fan of my blog! I love your blog too <3

    Amy xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the nomination! it's my second, and the first one I managed to mess up-I will def try again when I have my wifi and laptop. I usually blog from my iphone-i know, it's not the best but am having to be without wifi for financial reasons:(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never would have thought you took boxing classes :D It was so nice to read something about you :)

    ReplyDelete