Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Used up in March

I must admit, I don't usually use up many products fully. If I don't like something very much, I usually give the product away to someone who will enjoy it/use it (hi sister of mine!) or chuck it in the trash if it's really bad. I know, it's sinful. For the month of March though, I gave myself the goal of trying to use up stuff as best I could. Here's the empties I ended with!


Bath and Body Works Cucumber Melon Shower Gel: I got this from my mom as a gift a looooong time ago and never got around to using it! I quite liked it - it smells very fresh and the smell lingered on my skin for a bit after showering. It wasn't very moisturizing or super special in any way so I have moved on. I probably won't repurchase because we don't have a Bath and Body Works around here - even if we did, there are a million other delicious smells to choose from so I doubt I'd go back to Cucumber Melon.

Oscar Blandi Dry Shampoo Spray: This was only okay. Honestly, it may be because I suck at using dry shampoo. I just think it always looks ashy in my hair. Either way, I loved the smell of this - it's lemony and fresh without being too strong like Batiste's shampoos. I won't be repurchasing this particular bottle because I saw that Oscar Blandi makes dry shampoo for brunettes! If it has the same great smell, I'll definitely be getting that one.

Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation: I used to think that this foundation was a MUST for me but now I'm not so sure. The foundation is long wearing, yes, but it does oxidize on my skin. Plus, it's quite heavy and blending is a pain if you don't do it really fast. It was a sample so I didn't waste any money on it, at least.

L'Oreal Explosion Telescopic and Collagen Mascaras: Both awful for me. I hated the Telescopic - spider lashes all the way. And I don't like fiddling with mascara. The Collagen mascara was waterproof, and this was the worst of the waterproofs - it flaked AND wouldn't come off. Will not be repurchasing these.

Seche Vite: There's about 1/3 of the polish left in there. Sadly, it's a complete gloopy useless mess.  Seche Vite is infamous for this but I can't help but love it. It dries so fast! I'm already using another bottle.

The Body Shop Seaweed Pore-Cleansing Facial Exfoliator: I actually quite liked this product. Every time I used this, I felt like my skin was fresh and properly exfoliated but not irritated. However, my Clarisonic has replaced my exfoliation needs so I will not be repurchasing.

Rimmel Stay Matte: Yes, this isn't completely empty, but I'm chucking it because I hate this powder! It was cakey and smelled bad. I much prefer my Clinique Loose powder at the moment. I don't think I'll ever come back to a compact powder.

And what's not pictured because it's been used up is Lush products! I used up my Aqua Mirabilis scrub bar and a Fluffy Egg bath bomb. The Fluffy Egg smelled divine but it's a one time treat so I will probably not be repurchasing simply because it's not very practical. I liked the Aqua Mirabilis as well but not enough to repurchase. The grains in the bar were quite rough and I found it a bit harsh on my skin. I prefer my Body Shop exfoliators at the moment.

Do you throw things away sometimes when the product just isn't cutting it for you? I can't help it! I get so impatient when a product isn't working out for me.

12 comments:

  1. If I really can't stand a product and I know I have no one to pass it on to, I throw it away. It's very rare that I find a product I hate *that* much to throw away though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes, me too! I don't *hate* that much. I hope anyway!

      Delete
  2. I hoard hoard hoard. But I'm also not very adventurous with makeup/beauty products and I stick to what I know and love. I have a hard time throwing things out though.. eep

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like I hoard even if I throw out stuff!

      Delete
  3. That is a great lot of empties! I often give away products to my sisters and Mum when they don't work for me, then they can decide if they want to throw it or not ;P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I do the same thing! I even gave my mom a load of polishes to give to coworkers. If they didn't want it, I told her to throw it out.

      Delete
  4. great job! i agree with you about BOTH mascaras!! both terrible!! i love the body shop seaweed gel cleanser for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is quite an impressive list! I'm ashamed to say I don't use up products often enough, save mascara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha me neither technically, but I worked hard to finish some stuff this month since I'm moving soon. I don't want to embarrass myself!! Hahaha

      Delete
  6. That's nice!

    I don't throw out things that are not finished. I will try to complete it, albeit at a snail's pace. haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the wise thing to do! I wish I had the snail's patience! hahaha

      Delete