Thursday, May 10, 2012

Pop-tart mani! When glitter goes rogue...

Since my week was almost entirely taken up by putting on an event for high school girls, I thought it would be a good week to try the "glitter/jelly" mani that's been floating around various nail blogs.

Here's my take on it:

I used 1 coat of Joe Fresh Coral, and 1 coat of Essence A Lovely Secret, then two coats of Milani Gems, then 2 coats of Essie Waltz. Needless to say, this took foreverrrrrrr. And then, because the mani was so thick, it came off in sheets in a couple days. Either way, I thought it was cute! People at work were intrigued by it and thought it looked like pop-tarts, hence the name of this post.



My cuticles are so dry lately! No matter how much I moisturize, I still have cuticle issues. I've been using a Nuxe hand cream lately and it has been working wonders - fingers crossed for decent cuticles!

I hope you enjoyed this post. I'm not big on nail art/nail glitter/fancy and complicated water marbles. Sometimes the need to be creatives kicks in - it's not very often though!

Hope you all are having a good week. Mine was pretty much one of the busiest week of the year at work. But it's alright because it's over for now! I get to relax this weekend, finally! Cheers to that!

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yes, it's actually very pretty on its on as well! It has a gorgeous purple shimmer running through it :)

      Delete
  2. What a great idea - definitely worth the effort because it looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete