Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Maybelline Color Show: Green With Envy

Maybelline Color Show nail polishes are quite new on the scene. When I saw these were on sale at Walmart for a jolly $3, I decided to give them a go. The thing is, I really really wasn't moved by any of their colors. Most of them were colors I either already had, or was uninterested in. How many pinks and reds can a girl have?! Green With Envy struck me as a cute color for spring (summer!!) however, and it was my one and only pick.

The formula of the polish was quite opaque. I probably could have pulled off one carefully applied coat but I did two thin coats. It wasn't a seamless application though because the formula was thick and dried quickly. Plus, one of the bristles was all wonky and was sticking out, painting my cuticles while I painted my nails. I had to redip the brush a lot to get it to behave. Super annoying, but I also probably just got a bad bottle.


It's not as green as its name would make you believe. It's more of a soft turquoise with a bit more green than usual. Comparing this and my bottle of China Glaze For Audrey, Green with Envy is MUCH greener. It's really quite a nice color and the green didn't seem to accentuate the redness in my hands too much. A+ on that!

Another thing to note about this is that the polish started peeling off on me after a hot shower, the day after application. Granted, I was picking at my teeth (ewww alert!) but the polish was all "soft" and easily peeled off. Not kewl. I'm not sure if it's simply a bad combination of sweat from boxing gloves (see below!), steaming hot water, and thick polish + Seche Vite.

Either way, this is a great color option for spring/summer. It might also kill anyone's lemming for Essie's Mint Candy Apple. It seems similar to me but I do not own it to compare.

I've been having issues with my camera, hence the slow posting. But I think she will be back on track after a quick cleaning. She's getting dusty!

Also, boxing is cool. I went to the gym (!!) for my first real workout ever tonight (!!) and I must say, I'm really proud of myself for going through with it! I'm usually a runner - when I want to get in shape, I get my iPod, and run the trails by the side of the river, full speed, until I feel like throwing up. And repeat once every two weeks. Oh, if you can't tell, I'm not really one for working out too much. But I thought it would be cool to try boxing! It was really fun but typing is painful right now ha ha ha!! Therefore, I will try to sleep this one off - I'm wondering how much pain the morning will bring! Yay!

Cheers peeps and until next time! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment