Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Essence Wake Up!

I think I have found my perfect spring orange. Essence's Wake Up is a clean, stylish and very bright orange. It is very red based, but I quite like it this way. I'm pretty sure it's very close to A Roll in the Hague by OPI from the Holland collection but I do not have it to compare. From a quick online peek, they look very similar.

I'm so happy I picked this up - I had been looking for a great spring orange nail polish after the failure of Essie's Brazilliant, and at $1.49, this was the perfect solution. As all the Essence polishes I have tested so far, the formula was great and opaque in two coats. As previous mentioned in other reviews, the Essence formula dries quickly so you do not have time to mess around with the brush once you apply the nail polish. But the plus side of this is that it dries quickly.


I find the color very shape-shifting. Sometimes it appears red-ish and others it's a neon orange. Either way, I love it!

This color is included in my giveaway so don't forget to enter!

 

I thought I'd share my new ring acquisition as well. I got it from this seller on Etsy and I LOVE it. I absolutely love wearing it - I find it balances out the chunkier rings on my hand. Plus, it's dainty and cute!

I've gotten to do a lot of new things this week - things I thought I'd never have the chance to do. And while I do complain about having the short end of the stick at work sometimes, I do find solace in new and exciting experiences I've gotten the chance to take. I'm lucky really.

Hope your week has started on a good foot!

7 comments:

  1. I have such a weakness for red-oranges or red based oranges, this is gorgeous! I remember your Braziliant review--- I'm glad you found a good replacement :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this is an excellent replacement! I love red-based oranges as well because they never look Halloweeny!

      Delete
  2. Perfect shade for summer :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! It would be really cute with some glitter on top as well... I MAY go and do that this week! :D

      Delete
  3. I have been looking for an orangey red and this is so pretty. Definately going to run out and get this since it's so cheap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! It's so cheap, there's almost no loss there! Be sure to get one at the back of the display - the front ones are always swatched and messed around with! I got one that wasn't completely full!

      Delete