Saturday, May 5, 2012

Baby Lips Love

One product that has completely surprised me in the past couple weeks is Maybelline's Baby Lips balms. I heard so much rave about this I was getting kind of curious! Everywhere I read about these, bloggers were saying they were actually moisturizing. Now, when someone says something is moisturizing, I don't usually take that seriously. My lips can't even be moisturized and repaired Blistex, so I was definitely skeptical that Maybelline's Baby Lips would be anything but drying on me.

Well, let me tell you, these are actually moisturizing, Annick certified.


I really like this product. They are a smooth balm, quite thick in consistency, and they smell amazing. What I like most about them is that they actually have a tint of color! Some lip balm will claim they are tinted but they usually barely show. These are actually tinted - well the ones I picked anyway.

Left to right: Pink Punch, Peach Kiss, Cherry Me.

I'm particularity happy with Pink Punch as it almost has the effect of a light pink lipstick on me. Peach Kiss is especially nice with you want a hint of nude shimmer with a smokey eye. Cherry Me surprised me because I was expecting a cherry tint like color - it's very pink and sheer.

What I like most about these is that they offer some color on my lips when my lips are too dry to handle lipstick. They're also perfect to keep in a bag for when your lipstick is starting to fade out - this helps blend your lipstick and add a bit of color back to it. They do not wear long, but they are a balm so I didn't expect them to. Like I said before, they are in fact moisturizing but I wouldn't use this to repair my lips over my regular lip treatments. They do not crack or dry out my lips and that's a HUGE plus. I do wish the packaging was a bit less "flashy" but everyone has their tastes - I'm sure some of you will love it.

I definitely recommend these, especially Peach Kiss and Pink Punch. If you're not a very "pink" lip person, I'd think twice before getting Pink Punch though because it is quite potent. Cherry Me might be a better option. 

Lippies in a bath!

I must say, I expected nothing special out of these but I have pleasantly been put in my place. I will definitely repurchase these once I run out of them - they are THAT good.

Have you been surprised by any hyped up products lately?  Does hype influence you in your beauty purchases?

7 comments:

  1. I love these! I have pink punch and cherry me and adore them! I never saw much hype on them- just picked them up on a whim while at Walmart some time ago. But am happy I did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried these but I'd love to! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're great, especially if you like a colored balm :)

      Delete
  3. Hi annick, I wasn't sure what to think of baby lips, and it's encouraging to see your review! Cherry me is a color i would wear. I love the colorful packaging too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's cute eh? I think you'd like them! It's even nice for hanging around at home! :)

      Delete