Saturday, April 7, 2012

MAC's Tres Cheek Collection - My picks

First off, a big thank you to Danielle from Bloomin' Beauty for her excellent review on these blushes - it is solely because of her comparison post that I have purchased these. And guys, I am so happy I did.

I ended up with Immortal Flower and Modern Mandarin for picks because 1. I have almost no orange/corals in my collection and 2. the rest of the Tres Cheek collection was too similar to what I already had.

 Left is Immortal Flower, right is Modern Mandarin

 Immortal Flower

Modern Mandarin

 Immortal Flower, Modern Mandarin

Modern Mandarin is a stunner. I showed this blush to my pale-skinned blond friend and she was pretty apprehensive about the color looking at it in the pan. She didn't seem to think this could work on either of us. I tried it on her and she was convinced - it suits her really well! It's strange because it's really not something that I would think would suit everyone, but it kind of does. Be warned though, this blush is very potent. I suggest using a tiny amount and build up to the desired effect. Modern Mandarin has a very pretty sheen to it - I couldn't say that it had much glitter/shimmer bits in it, it doesn't. But it does give a sort of "glow".

Immortal Flower is very pretty in a completely different way. Even thought it's a Satin finish, I'd say the texture of it reminds me more of a Sheertone blush. It's quite powdery but very pretty and soft. It's still peachy but leans towards a pinky brown as well. It's hard to tell how it's going to look on different skin tones because there are so many different tints of color in it! Unlike Modern Mandarin, you do not need a light hand to apply this blush.

The lasting power of these is excellent. Modern Mandarin does not give in, seriously. Funny story: I took a bath with these swatches still on my arm and Modern Mandarin lasted through the whole bath, I kid you not. Only when I used my LUSH Aqua Mirabilis on my arm did it give way. Now that's pretty cool. Can't wait to see how long it lasts on my face this summer! Freckles and Modern Mandarin will my summer love!

Hope you're all having a great Easter Weekend! Mine has been very relaxed so far. The boy and I are almost done season 4 of Dexter and GREAT, trying to find what season we were on on the nets, I read a really bad spoiler. UUUUGH, noooooooooooooo!

Oh well, at least X-Files isn't ruined yet!

Happy Easter and until next time! :)

8 comments:

  1. I like the peachy tint of both these colors--- Modern Mandarin seems beautiful and different!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't think of anything close to Modern Mandarin! Hahaha it is quite different :)

      Thanks for the comment! <3

      Delete
  2. great review!
    Neat post and love your blog... would you like to follow each other!

    My Lyfe ; My Story

    @MyLyfeMyStory 

     Also, I am planning on giving out shout out to my readers, so if you are interested please be free to send me a quick message and I will gladly do it =0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! Thanks for the compliment! I've taken a look at your blog and followed you! <3

      Delete
  3. Lovely colors, like them both! New follower :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Modern Mandarin is gorgeous! I love oranges!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very pretty! :) I never thought I'd be the one to wear oranges but it works!

      Delete