Sunday, February 5, 2012

Oops, another nude polish? And Shine of the Times!

Yup, I bought another nude polish. Oh woe is me! I'm awful. But in my defense, I was upset that day (don't even remember what about - that's how significant it was) and in my bummed state, I needed a pick me up. So I picked up Essie's Eternal Optimist.

I have had my eye on this polish for a long time. I though, hey, all the nudes of that shade I've got have shimmer. But I was sort of wrong...

Oh, did you notice the sparklersss? In a second attempt at a pick me up, I also got Essie's Shine of the Times. I audibly let out a "OH YEAYYYY!" in the grocery store and totally embarrassed myself.

I didn't want to cover my whole mani with Shine of the Times so I opted for a couple digits instead. I think it's quite subtle over this color of nail polish - I quite like it. I can't wait to try Shine of the Times over other polish... like Essie's Dive Bar, or Smooth Sailing. SO MANY OPTIONS!


From left to right, Essie Eternal Optimist, China Glaze Gelato, OPI Hawaiian Orchid and Essie Lion Around. These all look very much alike - China Glaze Gelato being the closest. Hawaiian Orchid has shimmer running through it and so does Lion Around.


Shine of the Time ended up looking like orange/green flakies on top of my polish. Quite a nice look. I recommend it highly if you're the type to jazz up your mani!

No comments:

Post a Comment