Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Deborah Lippmann is doing a new thing

Well sort of.

Because I can't remember the last time I've seen a dark green like this.

This is Deborah Lippmann's Billionaire and it is beautiful. Sorry, my pictures are horrid. But only because I'm getting a hang of the new lighting. The next few posts will have decent enough pictures.

With flash to show the green:

What the polish actually looks like:


Like how many times do you see a dark green creme that glows from within? I firmly believe only the Lippmann can do it. I don't know what it is really, so I must conclude that it has to be her formula. This is two coats (with Seche Vite), and as usual, it dried incredibly fast.

While this isn't necessarily a polish for the neutral friendly, it is still quite tame. It isn't bright, still qualifies as vampy, and looks black but not quite. Which, in my opinion, makes it more work appropriate than, say, something like purple. I wore it to work and well... nobody noticed! Except my cousin (she works with me) who basically said she didn't like it. Oh well! You can't please everyone (and besides, why would you want to when it comes to nails).

Anyway, bottom line, this is one for the shelf. Pick it up if you can - I definitely do not regret buying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment