Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Storage and space


I thought I'd do a quick post on how I store my makeup. It's quite simple really - I bought some storage dividers - some from Winners (the wooden ones for the lipsticks - they were in the cutlery section), some clear and burgandy ones from Dollarama, and some, you can't really see, dark grey and clear from Winners as well. It's in a dresser drawer that I kept for storing beauty products and supplies.



The products are divided by "family". My lips balms are with the lip balm, lipstick with lipstick and foundation with foundation. So on and so forth. I really like it this way because it makes things easier to find in the morning.

I have my brushes stitting on my dresser in a pencil sorter which I didn't take a picture of.



As you can see, I do not have such a slew of products. I do love my MAC lipsticks though. Most of the products you see here are there because they are accessible to me. It's a shame because the drawer would be full of Tom Ford and YSL lipsticks would they be accessible. But only if I got a pay raise. Ha!

3 comments:

  1. I like the way you've organised everything! (My make up used to be so tidy, but in the process of moving things into groups to photograph, for example by colour, it's gone a little crazy!) I'll just look at this post & pretend mine is the same xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It's not too much of a complicated system - just basically has dividers. Don't worry, my drawer gets bad when I'm in a rush. It's also overflowing a tad lately.

    Such a fan of your blog by the way - I always have my eyes peeled for new posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to spend a day organising everything, put things back into their place & then takes pictures of my system xD It's terrible right now, but I'll bring it back!

    (Thank you! x)

    ReplyDelete