Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Pure Color Gloss Sticks

I find the name very fitting for this product. Estee Lauder Pure Color Gloss Sticks. It's really what it is, a gloss stick.


These are quite bright. So bright in fact that the way I apply them is by dabbing them on and then blending with my finger. Sometimes I'll apply a gloss over it or a lip treatment. They are really pigmented, the formula isn't drying and they smell heavenly.

I have the following shades:

I find myself wearing Honey Pink the most as it matches any kind of makeup. It's a neutral brownie pink. It seems more brown in the tube than it actually applies on the lips. Summer Melon is quite in keeping with the current spring trend of coral/orange lips. I find it is the one that suits me less and might look better on someone with a more yellow skintone. Pink Sorbet is a very cute a bright shade.

I highly recommend these. They are also less expensive than the regular Estee Lauder lipsticks (the most expensive ones are $32 CND and the Gloss Sticks are $21 CND). I know these are the lipsticks I will keep going back to in my collection.



From left to right: Honey Pink, Pink Sorbet, Summer Melon. Honey Pink looks a lot less brown on my lips than it does in the swatch. You can sort of tell from the swatch that they are a bit tacky. I find that if you don't use a light hand with these, they will look a bit chunky and uneven - hence why I suggested dabbing them on and blending them in. A lip pencil would also do the trick.

The only downside to these is that the shade range is limited. These are the only colors that I consider neutral enough to wear (and as you can tell, they aren't really "neutral"). I really wish Estee Lauder would come up with different shades that are more wearable. However, if you're looking for a glossy dark lip, they've got a beautiful selection in the Gloss Sticks.

No comments:

Post a Comment